Candida – a condition where the naturally occuring yeast in your body, overgrows beyond normal amounts and begins to cause harm to your system.
What is this?
It is when the Candida Albicans (a form of yeast) grows beyond normal amounts and begins to cause harmful effects to your system. When the yeast begins to spread and proliferate throughout your body through your bloodstream, this is called Candidiasis. It is important to keep this kind of situation under control as a person with Candidiasis will experience many kinds of unbearable symptoms.
Sufferers of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) may simply be experiencing symptoms which are solely the result of having Candidiasis. These conditions may fully overlap each other, however doctors would consider you an IBS patient rather than a patient with Candidiasis. The reason is because modern medicine does not recognize yeast overgrowth as a cause of symptoms eventhough it truly causes harm to the body.
So it is important to check whether you have a yeast overgrowth and to eliminate this possibility before determining further as to the cause of your IBS symptoms. Your answer might be found here, since a yeast overgrowth may be the reason why you are experiencing your daily IBS symptoms.
What are the Symptoms?
The symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Anxiety/Panic Attacks
- Abdominal Gas/Bloating
- Cravings; refined sugars(sweets), flour(bread) and/or alcohol
- Excessive Fatigue
- Learning difficulties
- Mood Swings
- Poor Memory
- Rectal itching
- Sensitivity to fragrances and/or chemicals
How to Test for Candida?
There is a simple test that you can perform at home. It is best to perform this test in the morning for the most clearest results. Simply take a small glass, fill it with cold to luke-warm water until it is almost full. Now you’ll have to work up as much saliva as you can in your mouth before spitting it into the glass of water.
Look to see if the results are similar to the drawing shown below. If it does, you have yeast overgrowth. Note that the quicker the strings appear in the water, the higher your severity is with your yeast overgrowth. If your saliva continues to flout atop of the water for an hour, then you are clear of Candida.
What Caused you to have Candida?
The most common reasons for people to be inflicted with a yeast overgrowth is:
- A high refined sugar content in their daily diet
- Continuous ingestion of processed foods
- Usage of antibiotics
- Birth control pills
- A combination of the above
Any of those listed, may cause the yeast to proliferate within your body.
How do you Eliminate the Yeast Overgrowth from your System?
The yeast in your body is produced naturally and you would never want to completely eliminate it from your system. The yeast is an essential element within your body and it is not harmful under normal conditions. If it is provided with an environment where it can begin to overgrow into unproportionate amounts, it would begin to take over your system and would cause harm to your body.
I would recommend that you follow these steps:
- Take an antifungal herbal remedy such as Pau D’Arco or Echinacea on a daily basis
- Take digestive enzymes that contain a heat-generating herb such as gentian root or tumeric root with each meal on a daily basis
- Take probiotics that contain at least 3 strains of bacteria (Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, Bacillus) with each meal on a daily basis
- Take a liver stimulator herb such as Milk Thistle before each meal on a daily basis
- Avoid ingesting products that have a mold producing ability, these include cheese, milk and alcoholic beverages
- Avoid foods made with refined sugars and fruit juices
Return to Reversing IBS [home page]
DrNatura – Find all-natural probiotics and liver-stimulating herbal supplements online. You may want to consider a colon cleansing regimen to sweep the intestines clear of waste, giving the digestive system a fresh start.